Rights and Responsibilities
Know Your Rights!
The Teamsters ongoing involvement in local, state and federal politics, helps ensure that working Americans are protected, and pro-labor leaders are elected that will support issues important to you.
As a union member, you are protected against:
- Mistreatment in the workplace
- Being fired without just cause
- Working underpaid
- Harassment, discrimination or favoritism
Continue the growth and strength of the Teamsters by participating and staying aware:
- Learn your rights and responsibilities by reading and understanding your contract
- Support your union
- Attend membership meetings
- Read Teamster publications
- Attend rallies and union sponsored events
- Volunteer your time to an important union cause
Remember that you possess rights and protections, your union is always behind you and that you are never alone!